On this page tutors can access links and resources to help their students with reading.
- Strategies for Reading :
- Strategies for beginner, intermediate, and advanced readers.
- Tips for Phonemic Awareness and Phonics :
- Tips for teaching phonemic awareness with level 1 to 2 readers.
- Word Identification Strategies :
- Word structure, word family strategy, word sort exercises, word blitzing, phonics; Level 1-2.
- Comprehension Strategies :
- Assisted reading, word web, cloze, language experience story.
- Creating CLOZE Text
- Cloze is a strategy to help readers learn to predict unfamiliar words by using language clues and reading for meaning.
- More Reading Strategies
- A number of different reading techniques to help learners along level 1 through 3
Here are some helpful links:
Helping learners with reading comprehension:
- Helping students with comprehension
- Improving reading comprehension
- Lesson videos-Reading comprehension for adult literacy students Can be viewed with learners as part of the lesson.
- Learning Progressions for Adult Literacy
- Guide outlining steps adult learners can take to make progress in learning to listen, speak, read and write more effectively.