The Western Quebec Literacy Councils’ students have diverse backgrounds and needs. Some are starting at the beginning; they need to learn to read and write.Others need to upgrade their reading, writing, math and computer skills for work or continuing education. Others are simply inspired by life-long learning and are interested in their personal development.
“Learning to read has helped me a lot. I can write. I am learning to use the computer, to type, and to use the internet.” WQLC student- Bruce
Want to upgrade your skills?
We can help you improve your skills in reading, writing, math, communication, computers and more. Lessons are free, private and confidential.
To talk about getting a tutor call:
Western Quebec Literacy Council
1-888-647-3112 toll free
Here is more information:
Who are students?
- Beginning readers
- Readers with some skills
- People who want to improve reading and writing to go on to high school, work or other training courses.
- A tutor will meet with you once a week for a private lesson of about an hour.
- We have trained volunteer tutors waiting in communities throughout Western Quebec.
- You and the tutor plan the time and place.
- We supply the books.
- You and the tutor and WQLC make a study plan.
- You can study math, too.
- Computers are available for students to use at home.
- You must be an English-speaker (this is not English as a second language)