Skip to content
Links and Resources
WQLC is a member of the following organizations
- Literacy Quebec (LQ) – is a coalition of volunteer community groups that offer literacy services to Quebec’s Anglophone population. LQ also encourages communication between Anglophone community and literacy groups. Lastly, LQ member groups meet regularly to attend training sessions and exchange information..
- Literacy Foundation – Mandates: Referral, prevention, support to organizations and awareness.
- Regional Association of West Quebecers – The Regional Association of West Quebecers is a not-for-profit, non-governmental association of individuals engaged in fostering the interests of the English-speaking community (ESC) of West Quebec. West Quebecers consists of several hundred individual, family and corporate members. The association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the membership and administered by the Executive Director from our offices in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau.
- Outaouais Health and Social Services Network – This website provides Outaouais residents with easy access to English-language listings and contact information of all the regional health services available to them. It also identifies those agencies and institutions with a mandate to provide services in English, whether by officially-designated bilingual status, or by the availability of English- speaking staff and professionals.
- Centre Alpha Plus Centre – AlphaPlus provides training, services, tools and resources to adult literacy agencies and educators in Ontario and Canada, serving adult learners in Deaf, Native, Francophone and Anglophone literacy streams. Their mission is to increase adult literacy skills through the use of digital technologies by supporting educators and stakeholders with research, tools and training.
- BBC Skillswise – is a website for adult numeracy and literacy tutors and students, with printable worksheets, factsheets and online games, videos and quizzes.
- Laubach Literacy Ontario’s E-magazine – is an on-line magazine for both students and practitioners. Each article is hyperlinked to an internet resource where additional information about a topic can be accessed. Some of the articles contain sound files to give a student the option of reading and listening at the same time.
- Frontier College – is a national literacy organization. Why are they called a “college” when they’re not one? Perhaps because they can open doors in the same way that higher education can. Their history is rich and their programs are a reflection of their goal to bring literacy and learning to Canadians everywhere.
- New Readers Bookstore at Frontier College – Check out New Readers Bookstore, Frontier College online bookstore. New Readers Bookstore is a supplier of one on one, adult literacy text books.
- Grass Roots Books – Grass Roots Press is niche publishing company that specializes in adult basic education and ESL resources with Canadian content. Grass Roots Press carries over 400 books, DVDs, and software packages.