The Western Quebec Literacy Council is committed to assisting adults with reading, writing and mathematical skills. We also help with upgrading essential skills like oral communication and computer use.
We teach on a one-to-one basis pairing students with volunteer tutors. Students set the pace for their own learning and work within their personal schedules. We value student privacy; lessons are given in a private setting and student information is always confidential.
We offer tutor support with training, teaching material and ongoing support from our staff to ensure that tutoring sessions are pleasant and effective.
What we do:
- one-on-one tutoring
- recruit and help adults who desire assistance with their reading, writing and mathematical skills
- provide the learning material free of charge
- tutor support
- maintain a lending library of resources
- publish a quarterly newsletter
- train volunteer tutors
- coordinate special projects
- Annual General Meetings
- organize and participate in outreach and public activities